Your chair is the seating place where you might try to find the best comfort. But sometimes it happens that the chair sinks down when you sit on it. It happens after regular uses of the chair for several years. So, How To Remove Gas Lift From Office Chair ?
To get rid of this situation, you do not need to purchase another chair. The current chair is still useful. You have to replace the gas lift cylinder of your chair. For this, you have to know how to remove the gas lift from the office chair.
Replacing the gas lift is not a difficult process. But the first part is difficult; that is the removal of gas lift. You may see on Youtube videos that people are trying hard to remove the gas lift from a chair.
How To Remove Gas Lift From Office Cha
Here we are to describe to you step by step how to remove a gas lift cylinder from an office chair. You may wonder what kind of chair we are talking about to be exactly. When it is about the removal of gas lift from office hair, it is almost the same for all.
Here we are talking about the most commonly used office chair. So, it is also the same procedure if you want to know how to remove a gas lift from a boss office chair. Here is the process:
The tools you need to remove the gas lift cylinder from office chair
- One mallet with a rubber head.
- One pipe wrench. Instead of a pipe wrench, you can also use a vice grip.
- One gas lift cylinder (that you want to replace with).
- One water-displacing spray, WD-40. This spray is not compulsory. You may need it if you are facing trouble separating the parts of the chair or if it is an old chair.
Please follow the steps To Remove Gas Lift From Office Chair
- At first, you need to turn the chair upside down. You can also turn it on its side. Then separate the base of the chair using the rubber mallet.
- Now take the pipe wrench to the top of the old gas lift and make it easy moving by twisting. When it becomes an easy moving, remove the gas lift from the mechanism of the chair.
- If you do not have a pipe wrench, then try to do it with a vice grip. Several bolts help the gas lift to get attached to the mechanism. Please remove it from the main body of the chair by unscrewing the bolts. Then you can easily remove the gas lift from the tool.
- Sometimes you may face difficulties removing the old gas lift from the chair. It might be so tight. In this case, you need to apply some water-displacing spray, WD-40. Wait 2-3 minutes to get it worked. Then remove the gas cylinder from the chair by following the instructions above.
- Now you have to replace the gas lift cylinder with the new one. Just put it on in the mechanism and tighten the bolts. Then fix the base with the new gas lift with the rubber mallet.
So, now you know how to remove the gas lift from the office chair. After replacing the gas lift, place the chair on its first position. You can sit on it now. It will help to get attached the replaced gas lift fast.
You must be careful about your safety. The instructions are given from a normal point of view. You need to follow safety guidelines by yourself to avoid any kind of injury. Just make your seating arrangement more comfortable!